- the type of information about you BikesOnline collects through the Site;
- how BikesOnline collects such information;
- how BikesOnline uses such information;
- who will have access to such information; and
- BikesOnline’s security measures for protecting such information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect information you provide directly to us when using the Site. For example, we collect information when you register for our Site, sign up for an account, complete a form, participate in any interactive features of the Services, purchase a product, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing and billing address and payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. For purposes of registering and using the Site, we collect certain information that can identify you, such as your name, address, contact and payment information (email, address, phone number, credit card) (“Personal Information”). We will never sell, rent, trade or use Personal Information other than as needed to provide the services requested by you. BikesOnline discloses Personal Information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know the information in order to process it on yours and our behalf, and (ii) that have agreed in writing to non-disclosure restrictions at least as strong as those herein. We also may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Site, we may also ask for other information relevant to your use of the Services.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of Personal Information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorized by law.
You acknowledge and agree that communications, including phone calls or “chat” services, with BikesOnline or our third-party agents may be monitored, recorded and retained by BikesOnline. You consent to the monitoring and recording of all conversations between you and BikesOnline and you release us from and against any and all claims, liabilities and losses that may result from any such monitored and/or recorded conversations.
BikesOnline may collect personal and non-personal information (any information that is not personal information, such as anonymized data”) about you through the Site. Depending upon your use of the Site, the categories of such information might include:
- Your name (first, last and/or middle) and unique identifiers (e.g., username);
- Your login information for the Site (e.g., username, password, security questions and answers);
- Your contact information (e.g., mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number);
- Your date of birth;
- Your electronic signature;
- Your billing, payment or shipping information (e.g., payor or payee name, checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, accountholder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number, billing history);
- Your computer, mobile device, and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exit web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes);
- Third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information. Examples include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Site and/or third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications accessed through the Site (e.g., how you accessed the Site, where you go when you leave the Site, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on the Site or a page or feature, identity of third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications accessed through the Site);
- Usage activity concerning products and services provided to or accessed by you on or through the Site (e.g., number of viewers, viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, title selections, favorites, streams, downloads, demographics and closed captioning selections);
- Your transactional information (e.g., offers, orders, pricing, payments, purchaser, seller, item information, shipping terms, comments, ratings, feedback and instant messages and/or other communications made within or through the Site);
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Site or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED.
Depending upon your use of the Site, BikesOnline might collect personal and non-personal information from you when you visit, access, register with, subscribe to or use the Site; when you register for, subscribe to, order or purchase any products and/or services on, through or in relation to the Site; when you “sign in,” “log in,” or the like to the Site; when you allow the Site to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access or use the Site) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, your mobile device service provider); or whenever BikesOnline asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Site, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire.
In addition, if you or a third party sends BikesOnline a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you or your activities on or through the Site, then BikesOnline may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
BikesOnline may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Site. For example, BikesOnline may collect information about you from third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as maintaining and monitoring usage of the Site and processing payment transactions. We also may receive information about you from the third parties with whom you interact through the Site.
Finally, BikesOnline might use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser’s or device’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device.
- Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Retargeting pixels, which are cookie-based technologies that might follow you across the web.
- Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies or other tracking technology features may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities.
- Tokens, which are digital objects or pieces of code that enable the tracking of emails and other electronic communications, online activities and devices (such as, for example, tracking tokens, device tokens), or that authenticate the identity of individuals or devices authorized to access certain secured information (such as, for example, access tokens). Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies or other tracking technology features may prevent some tokens from tracking certain information about your activities.
- Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the Site.
- Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content ratings research, and conversion tracking.
- Other third-party data tracking or analytic technologies (e.g., deep linking, eTags, device fingerprinting or cross-device tracking).
Google Analytics: We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising Features such as Remarketing Features, Advertising Reporting Features, Demographics and Interest Reports, Store Visits, and Google Display Network Impression reporting. We and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features including using a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser add-on found here. To opt-out of personalised ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager here or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here. To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device.
Please be advised that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
By visiting, accessing, registering with or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving BikesOnline permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that BikesOnline may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
BikesOnline may use the personal and/or non-personal information it collects from you through the Site in a variety of ways, such as, for example, to:
- Fulfill your requests;
- Process your payments;
- Place, fulfill, process, ship and/or track your orders and purchases;
- Facilitate your movement through the Site;
- Facilitate your use of the Site and/or its respective products and/or services;
- Provide customer service;
- Send you communications like, for example, administrative emails, answers to your questions and updates about the Site;
- Allow you to communicate with others through the Site like, for example, through online forums, chat rooms, and bulletin boards;
- Provide you with information about BikesOnline, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies and/or their respective businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Provide you with customized content and services, including advertising and promotional information (e.g., targeted ads, retargeted ads), recommendations for content you might like, and cross-app or cross-site functionality across multiple third-party websites and mobile apps;
- Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products and/or services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Improve the Site and/or its respective content, features and services;
- Improve the products, services, marketing and/or promotional efforts of BikesOnline and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;
- Create new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for BikesOnline and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;
- Market the businesses, products and/or services of BikesOnline and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;
- Help personalize user experiences with the Site and/or its respective products and services;
- Analyze traffic to and through the Site;
- Analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Site;
- Conduct research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to BikesOnline, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, the Site, and/or their respective products and/or services;
- Monitor the activities of you and others on or through the Site;
- Create device fingerprints and profiles about the possible relationships among different browsers and devices;
- Create consumer profiles, which may combine your personal or non-personal information from the Site with your personal or non-personal information from another source or service;
- Protect or enforce BikesOnline’s and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies’ respective rights and properties;
- Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others (which may include you)
- Abide by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); and/or
- Investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of BikesOnline, a user of the Site which may include you or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities.
SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
BikesOnline may share your Personal Information with the following:
- BikesOnline’s employees, agents and administrators in connection with providing the Site and Services;
- BikesOnline’s accountants, financial advisors and legal advisors who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- BikesOnline’s parents, subsidiaries and affiliates who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- Service providers and other third parties who help BikesOnline provide, manage, administer, maintain, monitor, distribute, operate or facilitate the Site, who help BikesOnline develop, market or provide its products and services, or who help further BikesOnline’s business efforts (e.g., web hosting companies, website administrators, mobile app distribution platforms, support services companies, data analysis companies, credit card or other payment processing companies, online shopping cart providers, advertising partners), as needed in order for them to perform such services;
- Third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes;
- Law enforcement or other governmental entities in response to what BikesOnline believes to be an allegation or suspicion of illegal activity, a request relating to a civil or criminal investigation, an allegation or suspicion of illegal activity, a subpoena, a court order, or any other activity that may expose BikesOnline to liability if it does not act or comply;
- Any third parties who BikesOnline believes are necessary to help or allow BikesOnline to protect and enforce its rights and properties (or the rights and properties of others), including, without limitation, to enforce its rights under BikesOnline’s Terms and Conditions or any other agreements BikesOnline has with you, and to protect and enforce its intellectual property rights; and/or
- Any third parties in connection with or as a result of any potential or actual merger, acquisition or other event involving a change in ownership or control of BikesOnline or BikesOnline’ business (whether by sale of assets, merger, stock purchase or otherwise).
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what BikesOnline does with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user of the Services. In other words, information about how you use the Services may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same Services, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting data.
BikesOnline may retain your personal information and non-personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for a legitimate business purpose. BikesOnline may dispose of or delete any such personal information or non-personal information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by both you and BikesOnline concerning the same or as required by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• Time needed to provide you with our Services.
• Whether your account with us is active. You may contact us to make your account inactive at any time.
• Legal, contractual, or similar obligations to retain your data, such as mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation.
Please note that we are not responsible for storing any information that you provide to us or for any content or information that we provide to you. You are solely responsible for retaining backup files of any information and content that you provide or receive in connection with the Services.
In connection with any transaction that you conduct on, through or in relation to the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you consent to providing such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies, online shopping cart providers) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
THIRD PARTIES AND THEIR APPLICATIONS AND NETWORKS.
The Site and/or any communications sent through or as a function of the Site might contain links to third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and/or applications. Third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and/or applications might also contain links to the Site.
In addition, you might have the opportunity to access the Site using your online user accounts with certain third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications, which might be subject to separate privacy policies pertaining to those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications. BikesOnline might also collect information from those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (such as, for example, your name, gender, date of birth and personal interests, when you “like” or click links provided by or through those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers, or applications and other information available through your online account or page with those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications). Moreover, BikesOnline might permit third parties to use their own tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies like the ones described above (e.g., third-party cookies). You should carefully review the relevant Terms and Conditions and privacy policies associated with third party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications.
BikesOnline implements security measures to help protect the personal information it collects through the Site. For example, BikesOnline encrypts the transmission of information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
To help maintain the security of your personal information, BikesOnline asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the Site, or the loss or unauthorized use of your user access information for the Site (e.g., username or password). However, no internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
RETENTION, REVIEW, AND CHANGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED.
For each Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
BikesOnline is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to Privacy@BikesOnline.com.
BikesOnline shall comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (“CCPA”), which may be amended from time to time. Per the terms of the CCPA, BikesOnline is a Service Provider and not a Third Party as described in the CCPA. Therefore, BikesOnline shall not:
- Sell the Personal Information.
- Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the Services or for a Business Purpose. Specifically, BikesOnline shall not retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for a Commercial Purpose.
- Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information outside of the direct business relationship between BikesOnline and its users.
Notwithstanding anything in the Terms and Conditions or any related order form or other document, the parties acknowledge and agree that a User’s provision of Personal Information is not part of and explicitly excluded from the exchange of consideration, or any other thing of value, between the parties.
USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.
We are headquartered in the United States of America. Personal information may thus be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us may be transferred out of your country and into the United States. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the storage or processing of your personal information in the United States and acknowledge that the personal information will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT MINORS.
The Site is a general audience website intended for use by adults. The Site is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to or intended for, children under eighteen (18) years of age,. BikesOnline does not collect personal information through the Site from any person it actually knows to be under thirteen (13) years of age. If BikesOnline obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information through the Site from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, then it will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that BikesOnline remove content or information about you that is posted on the Site. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”) to Privacy@BikesOnline.com, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information.”
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state “Removal of Minor Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- the identity of the content or information to be removed;
- whether such content or information is found on the Site;
- the location on content or information on the Site (e.g., providing the URL for the specific web page the content or information is found on);
- that the request is related to the “Removal of Minor Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
BikesOnline is not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent. Please note that the aforementioned removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such content or information posted on the Site. Also, please note that BikesOnline is not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or to enable erasure or elimination of, such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires BikesOnline to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when BikesOnline anonymizes the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information. The foregoing is a description of BikesOnline’s voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Site from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that BikesOnline is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
By providing Personal Information to us, you expressly consent to receive messaging and information from us. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at Privacy@BikesOnline.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Please note that there might be a brief delay between when you submit your request to 'opt-out' and when it is processed and reflected in our systems; accordingly you may continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe. We appreciate your patience.
We will not discriminate against you because you elect to exercise any of the rights related to your Personal Information, including but not limited to:
Denying you products or Services;
Charging you different prices or rates for Services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties on you;
Providing a different level or quality of Services to you; or
Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for Services or a different level or quality of Services.
BikesOnline does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
REQUESTS TO DELETE, OR RESTRICT USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
To the extent that you would like to request that we delete your personal information, restrict the use of your personal information or make changes or corrections to your personal information, you may make such a request by emailing us at Privacy@BikesOnline.com. Please note that there is some information that is not subject to deletion, such as personal information that is required for us to provide goods or services to you.
MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, AND OTHER BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS.
BikesOnline may decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its business. If that occurs, you will be notified by email or a prominent notice on our webpage of any ownership change and any change in the use of your personal information. These types of transactions may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. We seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.